What is Microsoft Dynamics RMS?
Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) offers small and mid-market retailers a
complete point-of-sale (POS) solution that can be adapted to meet unique retail requirements. This
powerful software package automates POS processes and store operations, provides centralized
control for multi-store retailers, and integrates with Microsoft Office system programs, Microsoft
Dynamics GP, and other popular applications. Microsoft Dynamics RMS is built on a proven Microsoft
platform that adapts to meet unique and changing retail needs.
Streamline transaction processing
- Respond quickly to customer needs with efficient, personalized service.
- Work with a customizable POS screen that offers immediate access to prices, availability, and
- Access customer histories at the POS; handle multiple tenders and partial payments at
checkout; and quickly create and process returns, back orders, sales quotes, work orders, and
- Expedite checkouts, target customer preferences to offer up-sells and cross-sells, and
implement automatic discounts for frequent shoppers.
- Eliminate credit card terminals and dedicated phone lines for card transaction processing.
- Help reduce instances of shrinkage, false returns, credit card fraud, and unauthorized
discounts with 31 levels of user security features.
Set up and use easily
- Minimize disruptions with a solution designed for rapid installation and ease of use.
- Work with expert Microsoft Certified Partners to quickly set up and tailor Microsoft Dynamics
RMS to meet your specific retail needs.
- Enable employees to learn POS procedures in minutes with built-in wizards and an intuitive user
- Customize data fields to track information you want to see about customers, inventory, and
- Keep costs down now and into the future with support for existing computers and OPOS (OLE
for POS)-compatible peripherals.
Enhanced inventory management
- Work with an easy-to-use form to create and modify multi-dimensional matrix items, as well as
add or remove dimensions from existing items.
- Locate items quickly by searching on the supplier reorder number.
- Upload item costs to headquarters when cost information changes at the store level, ensuring
accurate, chain-wide item cost reports based on weighted average.
Automate inventory and purchasing management
- Track and manage inventory using any stock and sales method and inventory types that
include standard, serialized, kit, assembly, matrix, lot matrix, voucher, non-inventory, and
- Manage complex, multi-dimensional inventory requirements with easy-to-use matrix forms.
- Track item movement and supplier histories, quickly generate purchase orders, and add items
on the fly.
- Export purchase orders to Microsoft Office Excel and Microsoft Office Word for easy
customization and viewing in a matrix grid format.
Microsoft Dynamics POS 2009 is a flexible, scalable store management solution that empowers you and your people to provide outstanding customer service and make business decisions with confidence.
With Microsoft Dynamics POS 2009, you can optimize store performance and help make your employees more productive. Leverage innovative features and a highly customizable, role-based user interface to gain quick, simplified access to the information you need to drive business success. Finally, easy to use wizards enable you to quickly set up your store operations, while a personalized user experience helps people focus on your customers.
Benefits of POS 2009
- Deliver outstanding customer service.
Empower your people to offer excellent customer service in less time with an intuitive user experience that delivers quick access to crucial data in a simple touchscreen format.
- Drive productivity with a tailored retail solution.
Automate critical processes based on specific business needs, and implement a retail solution that fits with existing systems and can scale and grow with your organization.
- Respond quickly to changing business demands.
Gain the comprehensive insight you need to make informed decisions and act quickly on new retail opportunities using powerful, real-time inventory management and reporting tools.
- Maximize store profitability with unique shopping experiences.
Enhance the customer experience with the ability to add functionality for multichannel mobility, provide flexible payment options, and offer instant alternatives to out-of-stock items.
Features of POS 2009
- Maximize your investment and extend the functionality of your solution through a powerful software development kit (SDK) that enables you to integrate with multi-channel, mobility, and other retail applications.
Microsoft Product and Technology Integration
- Work easily from within Microsoft Dynamics POS 2009 with familiar Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Office Excel® and Microsoft Office Word.
- Maximize the potential of other Microsoft technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server®, Microsoft SQL Server Express, the Windows® operating system, and Microsoft Windows SharePoint® Services.
Line-of-Business Software Integration
- Leverage a rich ecosystem of Microsoft Dynamics partner solutions to integrate easily with other enterprise resource planning (ERP) or financial management software, including Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, and Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Industry Standards Support
- Connect to a wide range of hardware, including printers, magnetic swipe readers (MSRs), PIN pads, scanners, cash drawers, scales, and line displays with support for industry standards such as OLE for Retail POS (OPOS) and Microsoft POS for .NET.
- Integrate easily with other third-party, line-of-business software with support for Web services, XML, FTP, and HTTP standards.
Superior User Interface
- Increase productivity and reduce training with a familiar, intuitive interface that is highly customizable and optimized for touch.
- Provide role-based, task-centric access to information with the ability to optimize the user experience for each individual—from the storefront to the back office.
Robust Inventory Management
- Simplify inventory management with the ability to sell, order, and view inventory items available in various quantities or units of measure.
- Create, modify, and analyze items of the same style with up to three dimensions and a virtually unlimited number of attributes in a single, consolidated view.
- Manage inventory among multiple locations, and create new locations such as back room or warehouse.
Secure Payment Processing
- Help protect cardholder information, promote secure payment applications, and minimize fraud with support for the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security Council industry standards and guidelines.
Business Intelligence and Reporting Capabilities
- Spot trends and retail opportunities faster with out-of-the-box support for standard, ad-hoc, and analytical reports based on real-time data.
- Incorporate custom reports built with the Microsoft® Report Definition Language (RDL) schema that uses the industry-standard XML format.
California POS is a leading provider of Point of Sale Hardware, Software, Supplies, and POS Installation services throughout North America. Our local service and support area includes San Francisco, Redwood City, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, Oakland, Stockton, Novato, San Rafael, Modesto, Walnut Creek, Berkeley, San Mateo, Walnut Creek, San Ramon, Napa, Richmond, Fremont, Santa Cruz, Santa Clara, Mountain View, Gilroy, and Belmont, California